The Cavern named in UK’s top 10 best rated landmarks, beating Buckingham Palace!
Liverpool’s Cavern Club has today been named as the ninth best-rated landmark in the UK in the Travellers’ Choice TM awards for Landmarks, announced by the travel planning and booking site, TripAdvisor.
The nightclub, which famously kicked off The Beatles career along with other world famous British music artists, is the only landmark to be named among the UK’s top ten landmarks for the first time this year.
Chris Brown, Director, Marketing Liverpool said, “We are thrilled to see Liverpool’s iconic Cavern Club featured in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Landmarks 2016. The Beatles played here nearly 300 times, going on to conquer the world and influence the direction of pop music forever. Liverpool has an extraordinary music heritage and the Cavern Club plays an important role in the city’s dynamic music scene which attracts visitors from across the globe and has led UNESCO to award Liverpool with ‘City of Music’ status”.
Travellers’ Choice Landmarks awards honour top landmarks worldwide based on the millions of valuable reviews and opinions from TripAdvisor travellers. Award winners were determined using an algorithm that took into account the quantity and quality of reviews for landmarks worldwide, gathered over a 12-month period.
“It’s fantastic to see the Cavern Club and Liverpool honoured alongside some of the UK’s most recognisable landmarks for the first time this year. For travellers planning a visit to the Cavern Club or any of the other winners during the busy summer season, you can book a tour on TripAdvisor ahead of time,” commented TripAdvisor spokesperson Hayley Coleman.
Top 10 UK Landmarks
- Big Ben, London
- Tower of London, London
- Tower Bridge, London
- Edinburgh Castle, Edinburgh
- Houses of Parliament, London
- The Roman Baths, Bath
- Westminster Abbey, London
- Royal Yacht Britannia, Edinburgh
- Cavern Club, Liverpool
Top 10 Europe Landmarks
- St. Peter’s Basilica, Vatican City, Italy
- Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba, Cordoba, Spain
- Church of the Savior on Blood, St. Petersburg, Russia
- The Alhambra, Granada, Spain
- Milan Cathedral (Duomo), Milan, Italy
- Hagia Sophia Museum / Church (Ayasofya), Istanbul, Turkey
- Grand-Place, Brussels, Belgium
- Eiffel Tower, Paris, France
- Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris, France