Poses & Pouts at the ready – Liverpool Selfie Challenge is ON!
Now come on, admit it – we all love a good selfie, especially in Liverpool. This weekend is your chance to shine through your selfies and take on the likes of Kym Kardashian, Miley Cyrus and…Pete Price with your selfie skills!
Grab your smart phone and take part in a special free event on Saturday 10th September.
The Liverpool Selfie Challenge takes place across the city centre this weekend. and with some top prizes on offer organisers are looking for teams of up to six people to sign up, explore the city and take selfies with as many of the assigned locations as possible.
All people have to do is register before 2pm on Friday via www.liverpoolselfiechallenge.eventbrite.com and then head along to the Town Hall at 10am on Saturday. Teams will be given a checklist of 20 venues they need to pose in front of to complete the Gold challenge, 12 venues to complete Silver or eight to be in with a chance of winning a prize in the Bronze category. The locations could include any iconic building in the city or popular shopping destination – but the list will be top secret until the day to avoid anyone getting a head start!
Once it’s underway, each team will choose whether to take on the Gold, Silver or Bronze challenge and they then need to take a photo at as many venues as possible (with the building clearly identifiable in the picture) and then post them on Twitter using the hashtag #LVPselfie.
Contestants have until 2pm to complete the challenge, and prizes will be awarded to the first team who completes the most of their selected challenge:
- Gold prize – £100 Liverpool ONE gift card
- Silver prize – £75 Liverpool ONE gift card
- Bronze prize – £50 Liverpool ONE gift card
- Best Team Name – Family ticket to Snow White courtesy of the Empire Theatre
- Most creative Selfie – £50 Liverpool ONE voucher courtesy of Liverpool and Sefton Chambers of Commerce)
- Mystery prizes – Free entrance to a Merseyraces event worth £20 and a free Lifestyles day pass for a family
- Most steps taken (as shown on a smartphone or pedometers provided) – Afternoon tea at Central Library
Assistant Mayor and Cabinet Member for culture, tourism and events, Councillor Wendy Simon, said: “This is a fantastic event which is perfect for families, couples or groups of friends who are up for a challenge.
“It’s a great way to explore the city and keep fit at the same time – whether people take a leisurely stroll around the locations or aim to complete all 20 in the allotted time.
“The Fit For Me campaign was recently launched and is all about getting people more active, so hopefully the selfie challenge will inspire people to sign-up, do something different on Saturday and be in with the chance to win some fantastic prizes.”
Selfie challenge rules:
- Teams must pre-register before 2pm Friday
- Maximum team number is six
- Teams must check-in at Liverpool Town Hall by 10am
- The landmark must be clearly identifiable in all selfies
- #LVPselfie must be used on Twitter
- Teams must complete their challenge by heading back to the Town Hall no later than 2pm
- No vehicle transport is allowed
The event has been organised by Liverpool City Council in partnership with the Clinical Commissioning Group.