20 Liverpool Moments from last year to get you in the mood for Summer 2017
So spring has sprung and summer is just around the corner and the sunny Liverpool events calendar for 2017 is looking rather huge. We will celebrate one of histories most influential albums turning 50 years old with a set of incredible Sgt Pepper 50 events. LIMF is back in July with the likes of Gorgon City, Corrine Bailey Rae and Cast all on the bill. The Albert Dock will once again bring us festivals of folk, pirates and steam. And if that wasn’t enough the city will be transformed into a fashion lovers paradise for the British Style Collective.
So dust off the ray-bans, get the summer wardrobe open and get ready for one hell of a Liverpool summertime.
Last year Liverpool provided us with one of the busiest and best summer’s yet, bringing festivals a plenty, gigs galore and events every single weekend – and of course we were there to capture all of the action.
LIMF celebrated it’s biggest year to date with headliners Sigma, The Wombats & Lianne La Havas, Mersey River Fest brought Billy Ocean to the Mersey & Fusion had it’s Liverpool debut.
We have chosen 20 of of just some of our favourite summer 2016 highlights.
Sit back and re-live a time when skies were blue(ish), music was loud, the word brexit was used in every other sentence and Brangelina were still an item…
Brazilica brought the carnival to Liverpool
2. 40,000 attended Liverpool Loves on the Pier Head
3. Olly Murs gets his kit off at the first ever Fusion Festival in Liverpool
4. We ran to the tunes with the Rock n’ Roll Marathon 2016
5. The biggest Africa Oyé to date
6. We sang Happy Birthday to the Cunard Building as it turned 100
7. Retro came to the Albert Dock for Vintage on the Dock
8. The Vengabus arrived for Reminisce Festival 2016
9. The biggest Liverpool Pride march in it’s history
10. Billy Ocean brought 75,000 people to the Pier Head for Mersey River Fest 2016
11. Mickey Mouse and his mates brought a big massive ship to Liverpool
12. Sefton Park was lit up in pink for Race for Life
13. The sound of beautiful folk music was heard at the Albert Dock
14. Liverpool Arab Arts Festival transformed the Palm House
15. The Hummingbirds were the perfect daytime headliners for Liverpool Loves
16. The Jam moved all their stuff into the Cunard Building
17. We had a Royal visitor or two
18. Music Royalty also came to town
19. Another carnival came to town – Brouhaha 2016
20. Tinie Tempah, Craig David, Jason Derulo & more on day one of Fusion