Big Screen Cinema Treats With Small Price Tags
Remember when going to the pictures with the kids cost less than a mortgage payment? No, us neither. But here at The Guide Liverpool we love family friendly events that don’t cost the earth, and Liverpool is spoilt for choice.
Here are our Top 5 family, and pocket friendly weekend cinema treats.
- Cineworld run their Movies for Juniors club on weekend mornings at 10:15. Based on Edge Lane (just behind B&Q) there’s tonnes of parking here and a cheeky McDonalds also on the retail park if you’re not already stuffed from pic’n’mix. Current films are Big Hero Six, Pan and Hotel Transylvania 2. Tickets from just £1.75 for adults and kids and subtitled showings are also available. Check out www.cineworld.co.uk for more info.
- Odeon Kids Club screenings are weekend mornings from 10am. Got a bit of shopping to do at Liverpool One? Why not treat the kids to a film to stop them moaning around Debenhams? We’re off to see Barbie Spy Squad and Capture the Flag as the ticket prices are just £3 regardless of how much of a huge Barbie fan you are! Phew that’s lucky! Odeon also run autism friendly showings of kids and newly released films. Go to odeon.co.uk to find out more.
- Victoria Gallery & Museum, based on Ashton Street in the city, boasts a brilliant family Saturday programme. The next session, on Saturday 30th January at 10:30 begins with a free showing of Disney’s Inside Out. Visitors are encouraged to bring a picnic and stay on to enjoy a free craft session afterwards. Talk about value for money! You don’t even have to book. Go to vgm.liverpool.ac.uk for more info.
- Plaza Community Cinema, Crosby also runs a fab family screen on Saturdays from 11:40. So if a hike into the city is a bit much this weekend, you can catch The Peanuts Movie from 11:40am with a ticket costing just £2.60! The Plaza also runs autism friendly showings. Check out plazacinema.org.uk for listings.
- If you’ve exhausted all the mainstream blockbusters and fancy something a little different, Fact Cinema on Wood Street are currently showing short films from the London International Animation Festival. The kids club showings are on Saturdays from 11am and autism friendly showings are also available. Tickets from £1.50! How good is that? Fact also run Big Scream! For parents with babies under 12 months and Toddler Time sessions with adults going free. Go to fact.co.uk to book.
With so many great value choices, right on our doorstep there’s no reason to be out in the cold this weekend. Treat the kids, have an hours peace and eat your weight in popcorn. Enjoy!