Come on we all love Copacabana on the sly! Barry Manilow heads to Liverpool
OK so we know this is probably one for the Mums, Dad’s and maybe more so the Nan’s out there, Barry Manilow is on his way to Liverpool arriving on Friday 17 June with his band of 13 musicians and singers to play our Echo Arena. Did you know…
- The most legendary swing singer of all time, Frank Sinatra tipped him for the top, he was quoted in the 1970s saying, “He’s next.”
- In 1988, Bob Dylan himself stopped Manilow at a party, hugged him and said, “Don’t stop what you’re doing, man. We’re all inspired by you.”
- Manilow made headlines in June 2006 when Australian officials blasted his music from 9pm until midnight every Friday, Saturday and Sunday to deter gangs of youths from congregating in a residential area late at night. On July 18, 2006, Manilow released a tongue-in-cheek statement saying that the youths might actually like his music.
- His song ‘Mandy’ was his first number one over 40 years ago and was also a number one for Westlife in 2003 selling 190,000 copies.
- Another song another boy band cover – Manilow’s cover of ‘Could It Be Magic’ was also a hit for Take That in 1992.
- After performing more than 400 concerts at the Las Vegas Hilton and Paris Las Vegas from 2005 through 2011, Manilow has limited his concert appearances. The ONE LAST TIME! Tour is a major undertaking and as Manilow said, “it’s my way of thanking everyone for their years of support…one last time!”
Barry Manilow, Echo Arena Friday 17th June. Tickets available here www.echoarena.com/whats-on/barry-manilow/